Our guest speaker Stephen Drinkall continued our series called ‘People Problems: How Jesus can recharge all of your relationships.’ Steve is part of Churches of Christ in Queensland and has helped our church behind the scenes for many years.
The recent Coronavirus restrictions have revealed something that is always true – people bring out the best and worst in us. Weeks of isolation, video chat, social distancing or being stuck in a house with others have left many of our relationships feeling flat, damaged or broken. This is true for friendships, work colleagues, dating and marriages. What we need is a relationship recharge so that we’re able to re-connect with people after the Coronavirus restrictions ease.
Each week we will explore something from Jesus’ teaching or another part of the Bible to help us find wisdom, hope and a way forward in all of our people problems.
When you consider popular songs about love, you’d think it was all about feelings and emotions. But to Jesus, love is all about what you do. It’s the gritty decisions to treat each other with love that recharge our relationships.
To experience church online each Sunday morning, go here.
To connect with us, go here.
If you’d like to do a Bible reading plan by yourself or with others during this series, try one of these.
- Relate(able) (Louie Giglio). A 7 part Bible reading plan about relationships.
- Relationships Goals (Michael Todd). A 5 part Bible reading plan about relationships.
- Squad Goals (Ryan Leak). A 7 part Bible reading plan about friendships.
- Relationship Goals (Craig Groeschel). A 7 part Bible reading plan about marriage.
- All My Friends Have Issues (Amanda Anderson). A 5 part Bible reading plan for women.
- Relationship Advice for Men (Roger Thompson). An 8 part Bible reading plan for men.