Is your faith in Jesus strong enough to face trials and challenges? Peter writes his letter to Christians who are facing many trials and difficulties because of their faith. They are living as foreigners in a dangerous land. He begins his letter by encouraging them that enduring trials with Jesus will develop genuine faith that lasts. Difficult times in our life are used by God to strengthen and purify our faith.
This message is from our series called ‘DIFFERENT’. In life you’ll have struggles. You’ll face opposition. You’ll be challenged. And there’s a reason for that: this world is not your home. You’re meant to be … different!
This series is a study of the book of 1 Peter, and covers topics like how to develop a strong faith, how to live in a unique way and how to find hope in a world that is increasingly pulling away from God. We’ll have a group discussion guide for our midweek groups during this series.
You can join us in-person next Sunday and connect with us anytime at https://www.thelakes.church
// Group Discussion Guide \\
A. Read the passage together.
B. Discuss together:
1. What does this passage teach us about God?
2. What does this passage teach us about the world around us?
3. What does this passage say about how we are different?
4. What is one thing I must believe differently because of this passage?
5. What is one thing I must do differently because of this passage?
C. Pray together.