Geoff spoke about the time that Jesus said, “I am the bread of life.” Jesus didn’t mean that he is actual food, but that he is the spiritual food we need every day.
Jesus is exactly what we need because he has spiritual life for us. We can spend our energy receiving life from him each day.
You can watch the video Geoff showed during the message, here.
Here is one example of how you can spend energy receiving life from Jesus each day:
1. Read something from the Bible. Maybe something from Jesus’ life or one of the Psalms. (The Bible App has a bunch of great reading plans with suggestions)
2. Spend some energy thinking about what you read.
3. Now turn your thoughts into a prayer. Say something to Jesus about what you read.
4. Spend some energy talking to Jesus about other things going on in your life.
5. Lastly, take a deep breath and recognise that Jesus is right there with you. Recognise his presence by his Spirit and listen for anything he wants to say to you.
This message is part of our series ‘I AM: Why Jesus is exactly what we need‘.
Our Groups are working through this series during the week, with the following guide:
Group Discussion Guide
- Read the passage together.
- Watch the videos together (there are scripture videos and teaching videos).
- Discuss together:
- What does this passage teach me about Jesus?
- What does this passage teach me about people (the nature of humanity)?
- What does this passage say about me (getting more personal)?
- What is one thing I must do because of this passage?
- What is one thing I must share, and who must I share it with?
- Pray together.